Construction projects are still humming along in the Midwest. But, this is only happening with construction companies making adjustments to their daily operations to protect employee safety. Here are a few measures the industry is taking to minimize the risk of COVID-19 to employees.
- AGC is recommending a nationwide Safety Stand-Down
- ABC is recommending Covid-19 based Tool Box Talks;
- alcohol-based hand sanitizer and wash stations throughout the worksite;
- requiring and enforcing social distancing;
- enforcing a Zero-Tolerance for Working Sick Policy;
- increased cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces, high traffic areas, equipment, tools and vehicles;
- allow for staggered starts and shift rotations, where possible;
- strengthened glove policy requirements, mandating the use of “coated gloves”;
- mandating additional PPE where construction activity does not permit adequate social distancing;
- health screening questionnaires at jobsite entry gates
Employee safety has always been a corner stone of the construction industry. Let’s make sure we are doing all that we can to foster a safe work environment and help employees avoid COVID-19. Work safe.
Leave A Comment