- Represented the City of Omaha in the successful annexation of the City of Elkhorn.
- Represented the Defendant in the successful defense of the constitutionality of the Nebraska cap on medical malpractice verdicts.
- Represented the Defendant in the successful challenge of Plaintiff’s expert witnesses in a Daubert hearing.
- Successfully defended the Seller in Nebraska’s largest fraudulent transfer claim in which the Plaintiff sought to set aside a $32,000,000 sale of a convenience store chain.
- Represented the Defendant in the reversal of a multi-million-dollar verdict arising out of a contract to provide electrical power. The re-trial resulted in a Defendant’s verdict.
- Represented the Plaintiff in a $2.6 million decision in a fraud case.
- Represented the Plaintiff in a $4.8 million verdict in a product liability case.
- Obtained a Defendant’s verdict in a medical malpractice case arising out of a laparoscopic procedure.
- Obtained Defendant verdicts in three federal employer’s liability actions where the Plaintiff was claiming permanent disability.
- Obtained a Defendant’s verdict in the defense of a legal malpractice case involving questions of securities law.
- Obtained a Defendant’s verdict in a case involving an allegation of whole body vibration.
- Obtained a Defendant’s verdict in a medical malpractice case involving allegations of negligence resulting in brain damage.
University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D.
Wayne State College
Admitted to Bar and Courts
Nebraska State and Federal Courts
United States Supreme Court
Admitted to practice on a pro hac vice basis in various jurisdictions, including State and/or Federal Courts in Illinois, Tennessee, Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Iowa, Texas, Minnesota, Colorado, Wyoming, Missouri and Illinois
Memberships, Boards and Committees
American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
International Society of Barristers, Fellow
National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
American Bar Association
Nebraska State Bar Association
Defense Lawyer of the Year, Nebraska Defense Counsel Association, 2011
Inducted into the International Society of Barristers, 1996
Inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers, 1985