- Secured dismissal of federal, state and common law claims in a trademark infringement case.
- Secured summary judgment dismissing FELA claims raised by employee of railroad subcontractor.
- Secured directed verdict on commercial third-party claim involving alleged fraudulent conduct.
- Secured a summary judgment for excess insurer determining drop down coverage of $10 million dollars did not exist in a product liability suit involving quadriplegic motor vehicle passenger.
- Secured a summary judgment and appellate affirmation for life insurer determining $600,000 in coverage was not available due to failure of insured to disclose material information between application and issuance of policy.
- Secured verdict and judgment of $50,000 in a single trial involving two separate
uninsured motor vehicle accidents wherein plaintiff claimed in excess of
$97,000 historical and future medical treatment and sought verdict of in
excess of $400,000.
- Secured a defendant’s verdict in a professional negligence claim involving subperiosteal implants.
- Secured a defendant’s verdict in a personal injury product liability claim involving a farrowing unit and partial hemisection of spinal cord.
- Secured a summary judgment and appellate affirmation in defective intersection design case which involved three fatalities and a permanent brain injury.
Creighton University School of Law, J.D.
University of Rhode Island, bachelor’s degree in history, with distinction
Admitted to Bar and Courts
Nebraska Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
United States District Court for District of Colorado
United States District Court for the District of Wisconsin
United States District Court for the District of Illinois
United States District Court for the District of Oklahoma
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
United States District Court for the Western District Texas Del Rio
Supreme Court of the United States
Admitted pro hac vice in various State and/or Federal Courts in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas and Utah
Memberships, Boards and Committees
Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC), Nebraska State Representative
Nebraska Defense Counsel Association (NDCA), Past President, Past Chair of Legislative Committee
Defense Research Institute (DRI), Served on Membership Committee, Past Nebraska State Representative
National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
Nebraska State Bar Association
Omaha Bar Association
American Bar Association