- Recovered $50 million from publicly traded company in settlement of industrial product defect case involving over three million units of products and many complex business, engineering, and legal issues.
- Federal environmental appeal dismissed by Eighth Circuit following favorable stay of district court proceedings.
- Eighth Circuit affirmed dismissal of several mental health care providers in federal civil rights and professional negligence appeal.
- Eighth Circuit remand for re-sentencing of a federal criminal defendant following government confession of error.
- On brief as special assistant attorney general in Eighth Circuit appeal upholding state medical malpractice damages cap.
- Nebraska Supreme Court affirmed summary judgment in favor of out-of-state client on personal jurisdiction grounds.
- Summary judgment obtained at district court and affirmed at Nebraska Supreme Court in legal professional negligence case.
- Obtained defense verdict after trial on various employment law claims in the context of college nursing program. No appeal.
- On brief obtaining summary judgment in internet Communications Decency Act § 230 case involving a fatality; plaintiff declined to appeal as to our client.
- Summary judgment in defense of fraud claims against a drug testing lab by a plaintiff who received an unfavorable test result.
- Obtained summary judgments in favor of three physician professional negligence defendants in wrongful death action.
- Summary judgment in fraud and unjust enrichment case involving the Nebraska Seller Assisted Marketing Plan Act; following summary judgment, plaintiff paid defendant to settle counterclaim.
University of Nebraska College of Law, Juris Doctor with high distinction, 2007 (law review executive editor; national moot court team member)
Order of the Coif, 2007
Order of the Barristers, 2007
University of Nebraska—Lincoln, B.A. (political science)
Admitted to Bar and Courts
United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States
Memberships, Boards and Committees
Omaha Bar Association (executive council 2017-present)
Nebraska State Bar Association (house of delegates 2013-present; leadership academy 2013-14; practice and procedure committee 2019-present; appellate practice section member)
Judicial Nominating Commission (separate juvenile court of Douglas County, Nebraska 2017-present)
Iowa State Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
Eighth Circuit Bar Association (director 2017-present)
Eighth Circuit Federal Advisory Committee (Nebraska delegate 2014-present)
American Bar Association (fellow of the American Bar Foundation 2017-present)
Robert M. Spire American Inn of Court (treasurer 2010-2014; president 2014-2015)
National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (trial college 2014)