- Represented a bus company in a fatal accident with a 6-year-old boy on a bicycle and obtained a defense verdict.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a wrongful death electrocution case involving a product used to locate electrical lines.
- Secured a $1,150,000 settlement for the widow of a 79-year-old man involved in a fatal truck/van accident in Cook County, Illinois (2010).
- Secured a $1,250,000 settlement for a 49-year-old motorcyclist who sustained injuries in a collision with a vehicle in Southeastern Nebraska. The settlement was completed 14 months after the date of the accident. (2011)
- Secured a $1,050,000 settlement for an 84-year-old woman who was struck by a drunk driver while crossing the street in Omaha, Nebraska (2015).
- Secured a large settlement for a family who lost a daughter and a daughter who was injured in a semi-truck/school bus collision that resulted in multiple fatalities in southeastern Nebraska (2015).
Mr. Chesire graduated from the University of Notre Dame with a Liberal Arts degree focusing in philosophy. He spent three years in Germany with the United States Army. He earned his J.D. degree, cum laude, from Creighton University School of Law. He was a member of the Moot Court Board and the National Moot Court Team.
Admitted to Bar and Courts
Nebraska Federal Court
United States 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
United States Supreme Court
Iowa (pro hac vice basis)
Illinois (pro hac vice basis)
Memberships, Boards and Committees
American Bar Association, Fellow
American Board of Trial Advocates, Chapter President, 2015-2016; Fellow
American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
Defense Council Association of Nebraska
Defense Research Institute
Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Member, 1990 to present; Sustaining Fellow
Omaha Bar Association
Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
Nebraska Bar Foundation, Distinguished Fellow
Nebraska State Bar Association
Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2019
Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2021
Best Lawyers, Litigation – Insurance; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants; Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2021
Best Lawyers, Litigation – Insurance; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants; Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2023