- Mr. Morris has represented employers in dozens of workers’ compensation trials in Nebraska and Iowa, achieving complete dismissals in a number of those matters.
- Obtained defense verdicts in several jury trials.
- Assisted in obtaining a $1.8 million verdict for a plaintiff in a third-party subrogation matter involving a defendant’s failure to yield, which resulted in a near-fatal interstate accident.
- Successfully defended an insurance agent in bench trial involving a breach of contract claim.
- Obtained judgment for the plaintiff against a bank for breach of fiduciary duty and negligence, resulting in damages as well as removal of the bank as trustee.
- Assisted in obtaining favorable settlements for plaintiffs in a number of complex commercial cases pending in state and federal courts, including matters involving trademark infringement, products liability, securities lending, and class action securities fraud.
University of Iowa, J.D., with distinction
St. John’s University (Collegeville, Minnesota), bachelor’s degree in Economics and Spanish, magna cum laude
Admitted to Bar and Courts
Memberships, Boards & Committees
Omaha Bar Association
Nebraska State Bar Association
Iowa State Bar Association
American Bar Association
St. Pius X / St. Leo Catholic School, Volunteer
Catholic Charities of Omaha, Volunteer
Omaha Bar Association Memorial Committee
Saint John’s University Alumni Association Board of Directors
Local Leadership Board of the American Lung Association, past member