- Represented plaintiff in a $3 million judgment (reduced to statutory cap) in a vehicular pursuit case.
- Managed an 11-person team in a complex commercial matter which required collection and review of more than 1.4 million pages of client documents and analysis of five hundred thousand pages of documents from opposing parties.
- Secured summary judgment for a lessor whose tenants died in an arson fire and successfully defended the judgment on appeal to the Nebraska Court of Appeals and on further review to the Nebraska Supreme Court.
- Secured summary judgment for homeowner after a public power employee fell into a manhole and successfully defended the judgment on appeal to the Nebraska Supreme Court.
- On appeal to the Nebraska Supreme Court, secured the reversal of summary judgment granted against client where, prior to representation, the client had been convicted of a moving traffic violation.
- In a case of admitted liability, represented the defendant and secured a $46,000 jury verdict in the wrongful death of an 18 year old. Successfully defended the verdict on appeal to the Nebraska Supreme Court, including allegations of juror misconduct.
- Secured summary judgment for insurer in insurance coverage case and successfully defended the judgment on appeal to the Nebraska Supreme Court.
Ms. Trent-Vilim obtained her Bachelor of Arts, cum laude degree from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California. While at LMU, Ms. Trent-Vilim was inducted in Alpha Sigma Nu, a national Jesuit honor society. Ms. Trent-Vilim received her Master of Arts degree in political science, summa cum laude from California State University, Long Beach, where she was voted Outstanding Graduate Student of the Year and inducted into Pi Sigma Alpha, a national political science honor society. Ms. Trent-Vilim obtained her Juris Doctor with honors from the University of Nebraska College of Law. While at UNL, Ms. Trent-Vilim served as an executive editor of the Nebraska Law Review, was voted into the Order of the Coif, a national legal honor society, and received CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Appellate Advocacy and International Human Rights Law.
Ms. Trent-Vilim serves on the Board of Directors of the Nebraska Defense Counsel Association and served for several years on the Executive Board of the Women and the Law Section of the Nebraska State Bar.
Ms. Trent-Vilim has authored, Oh Say, Can You Say, “Pre-Loss Condition Subsequent?”, 3(2) NEB. DEF. COUNS. NEWSL. Aug. 2011. She also has written, Nebraska’s Not-So-New Worker’s Compensation Exemption Notice Requirement and How Your Client’s Non-Compliance May Doom Your Liability Case, 3(3) NEB. DEF. COUNS. NEWSL. Dec. 2011.